Everyone sets it up differently to suit their taste and traditions. These are my own ways. You can experiment with various techniques and you will learn more and more as you become a regular.
- Have all these stuff handy: Base, Tray, Tong, Bowl with Bowl Grommets, and Hose with Hose Grommets and the main shaft.
- Fill up your Base with water, you will know if you have enough water when you insert the shaft whose one end should go in about 1 inch in water.
- Moisten the Base Grommet using a small amount of water.
- Insert your Shaft into the Base. Make sure it is tight.
- Place the tray over the top of the Shaft.
- Place the Bowl grommet over the top of the Shaft.
- Prepare the bowl. Add some flavoured tobacco, do NOT press, keep them fluffy. I loosely sprinkle them. Make sure that when you put the foil cover, it does not touch the tobacco, leave a thin air layer between the foil and the tobacco.
- Poke small tiny holes into the Foil if you are not using a Metal Bowl Screen.
- Place the completed Bowl on top of the Shaft, securing it onto the Bowl Grommet.
- Using the Tongs, light a piece of Charcoal and place it on top of the foil.
- Take a couple puffs in order to get the Arguily going.
- Sit back, relax, and invite your neighbour.
These are my own hints, if you come up with something eles or different, let me know.
- When you light the charcoal make sure it is fully red. So you dont inhale any carbon dioxide
- Take a short break between each buff (20-30 seconds)
- Always place the arguily on ground, not on table. You on top.
- To decrease the intensity of the smoke, you can place the charcoal on the edge and rotate it around the edge every 10-15 minutes
- If the taste become unpleasant, refill the bowl if you want to smoke more.
- Every 1